The Claim Manager supervises the investigation, evaluation and resolution of claims. They are responsible to inspire and develop a team of adjusters. The successful candidate will have a passion for people and results, with a drive to ensure accurate outcomes while servicing the customer.
- Mentor, coach, and provide an exceptional learning environment for team members.
- Oversight of day to day claims handling and performs open and closed file evaluations.
- Work closely with department leadership to set strategic priorities and drive team performance.
- Implement policies to manage compliance requirements with claim handling guidelines and ensure good faith claim handling.
- Evaluate metrics and monitor results.
- Direct Adjusters on proper reserving and payments.
- Set standards, monitor and report on performance of outside vendors.
- Supervise defense attorneys on discovery of litigation cases and negotiation of settlements.
- Proactively assess Claims Processes to develop strategies to seek continual process improvement.
- Participates in long-range departmental planning and contributes to project reviews.
- Seven (7)+ years claims adjusting experience; bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of State Fair Claims Practices Act and generally accepted reserving practices.
- Proven leader, passion for people and results.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the Management level across functional groups and business units.
- Ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationships.
- Actively recruits, retains and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results.
- Leads change, manages conflict and fosters collaboration
- Manages customer expectations, solicits customer feedback and ensures commitments are met.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, flexible spending and 401(k). Compensation is based on experience.
Apply for Claim Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly