Chief Information Officer
About the Role
A newly created position, the Chief Information Officer is a unique position available at a nationally recognized insurance firm headquartered in Salt Lake City. Technology is a critical component to the agency’s success. It influences sales, client service, vendor management and client retention. Between new products seeming to be available every day, to updates and strategies on enhancing utilization, they need your knowledge and leadership to oversee anything and everything within the company that relates to technology.
- You must possess insurance expertise. You understand terminology and how the industry works from a processing, servicing and delivery standpoint.
- You have directly worked with technology used by insurance organizations. You know the current and future best practices for utilizing these systems.
- You have expertise with process and programs for insurance agency management systems (AMS) like Applied EPIC, AMS360 and Sagitta (to name a few) is critical.
Duties & Responsibilities
This is a hands-on, in the weeds leadership position. You can only understand how technology is being utilized correctly and supports the company’s process by working closely alongside the sales and service teams.
- Expect to train and orient all new employees on the agency’s management systems (EPIC, WorksSmart and E&O Plus)
- Provide ongoing training and education resources for existing staff. Updates on systems, procedure manuals, presentations and other simulations.
- Establish standards for technical proficiency. Perform quality control functions including monitoring service and product quality, conducting internal audits and promoting errors and omissions awareness & prevention.