Risk Management Coordinator
In this exciting role on our Risk Management & Insurance Services (RMIS) team, you will be reporting to our Sr. Account Executive and proactively supporting our customers and members of the RMIS department by managing the RMIS database and giving administrative level support on projects for individual or groups of Farm Credit System entities and others. This role interacts with customers, adjusters, third party administrators, brokers, attorneys, insurance companies and other vendors, all levels of personnel within the organization, the Farm Credit System and other clients as required. This role provides guidance and responds to questions from customers and others regarding insurance coverages provided as well as verifying policies have been issued as bound with all terms and conditions as requested.
- Provides coverage and preliminary claim information or instructions to insureds, claimants, brokers, and others verbally and in writing.
- Manages placements of Flood insurance in the National Flood Insurance Program and with commercial insurers.
- Manages the System’s Surety Bond program, through communication with the insurance broker and the Farm Credit System.
- Manages the issuance of certificates of insurance and automobile ID cards handled by the Risk Management Administrators and Aon Service Center, including problem solving with Departments of Motor Vehicles.
- Assists others with verifying that insurance coverage has been placed per the coverages bound and that all manuscript wording is correct.
- Communicates clearly and concisely (verbally and in writing) with customers, claimants, brokers, insurers, vendors and others about insurance coverage placed by Risk Management (Examples included but are not limited to National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Forced Placed Flood Insurance Program (FIC), all four Property coverages and Automobile Liability and Physical Damage.
- Assists in the renewal submission process including verifying accuracy of data provided as well as preparing and formatting Excel spreadsheets to assist underwriters in evaluating Farm Credit’s exposures.
- Manages the maintenance of the RMIS database as well as the accuracy of the data with an emphasis on either claims or the Lenders Single Interest program. This includes working with Accounting to balance to the general ledger system, testing new versions of software to ensure migrations go smoothly. Make suggestions to software vendor and others that will improve the department’s accuracy, efficiency and customer interface. Developing EDI and or custom letter solutions.
- Creates and modifies periodic and regularly scheduled reports for the Risk Management and Insurance department and clients for claim or underwriting analysis when requested. Work with other team members to assist with stewardship reports for customers. Maintains and updates the Policy Register.
- Assists in training customers on RMIS data interfaces as they are developed.
- Onboard any new TPA client by assisting the Claims Manager or others to develop appropriate timelines, action plans, and quality service instructions. Responsible for mapping and verifying all data components into the RMIS database.
- Assists with Risk Assessments & Business Continuity Testing by researching, analyzing and evaluating information.
- Manages vendors that maintain and coordinate the department’s agency and adjuster licenses and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates and enters information into the RMIS database for recording Captive, TPA client, and carrier loss information including assisting as a liaison with IT, vendors, and RM claim staff for process improvements.
- Maintains desktop procedures for claims and programs respectively under the direction of Senior Account Executive, Claims Manager and Account Executive with assistance from the Vice President and Managing Director where and when necessary.
- Enter new claims, contacts, reserves, payments and diaries as instructed by Risk Management claims staff in the claims database, provide data entry for vendor billings. Mail printed checks when received. Generate reports as needed so medical providers can properly allocate claim payments to the right patient. Generate the appropriate spreadsheet so accounts receivable can bill the TPA client to replenish the escrow account.
- Maintains the claim and program email inboxes and communicates timely with customers, claimants, RMIS colleagues and vendors.
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual reports required by the insurers, auditors, and the Division of Workers Compensation including medical only, change of physician requests, fire fighter cancer cases. Provide claim listing to the Division, auditors or excess carriers when necessary when these entities perform audits.
- Approves new LSI coverage and changes to LSI records to be processed in Origami, ensuring they meet the terms and conditions of the insurance policy. Manages quarterly reports to FCS and verifies the accuracy for premium billing.
- Work with Account Executive to Act as backup for owned property database.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage or similar technical insurance experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Property & Casualty Producer, including Surplus Lines license and other insurance related designations preferred (i.e. CPCU, CIC, ARM)
- Preferred prior work experience in Risk Management Information Systems or similar databases
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate (verbally and in writing) with customers, brokers, insurers, vendors and others about Risk Management programs and claims processes
- Demonstrates unwavering commitment to high performance in the process of program management and sets a personal standard of high quality and integrity for self and others.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as part of the team in a fast paced, growth environment
- Able to maintain a consistently high level of productivity and accuracy, juggling multiple priorities and manage time efficiently.
An Overview of FCC Services. Our Expertise. Our Services.
Our vision is simple yet bold—we empower organizations to be more. We are a business services and consulting firm specializing in leadership development, talent selection, risk management, insurance management, and claims administration.
Since 1975, FCC Services has worked with the Farm Credit System, cooperatives and self-insured public entities to help them achieve organizational and operational excellence by helping them manage their risks.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with approximately 50 employees, FCC Services is proud to serve a variety of clients across the US.
The unique blend of our expertise, services, programs and conferences enables us to create enriching business solutions and help organizations to Be More.
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- 9-12 paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
FCC Services is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).