SeaCoast Underwriters has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounting Manager. Candidates must have a BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 5 years general accounting experience, insurance preferred. Must have excellent analytical skills and experience in a paperless environment.
Major areas of responsibility include but not limited to the following:
- Management of all accounting activities including receivables, payables, financial records and reporting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements, schedules and reports for management and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate financial records for accuracy of balances, postings, calculations and reconcile discrepancies.
- Manage and reconcile all fiduciary transactions.
- Formulate, develop and administer procedures necessary to implement policies and procedures to the Accounting Team and the Management Team.
- Must have strong organizational skills and communication skills and work in a very fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to take on new assignments and offer new ideas to streamline and enhance the Accounting Department.