Respected throughout the world as having the most beautiful cemeteries, Forest Lawn has served as a community resource since 1906. As a solid and stable presence in the Los Angeles, Orange, and Riverside Counties, Forest Lawn Plays an active role in the communities surrounding each of our parks. Members of our sales team benefit from the excellent name recognition and sterling reputation of Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries. If you are ready to take the next step up from an ordinary job to a meaningful career, give us a call and become a member of our amazing team.
Forest Lawn's Sales Trainer will provide ongoing sales training to the organization’s new outside sales representatives. Conducts training activities to present and teach sales techniques, ethics and methods of maintaining sales quotas to ensure new sales representatives have the knowledge and technical tools necessary to provide information, quality service, and understanding of the Sales Rules and Planning Advisor Agreement.
The essential duties and responsibilities are as follows (This is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities, Management retains the discretion to add or change the essential duties and requirements at any time to meet the needs of the Association):
- Conducts training that will focus on driving sales, and touch on a variety of topics including effective selling skills, product knowledge, pricing, and policies.
- Develops and delivers soft skill training for Planning Advisors, including role playing, cold calling, door-to-door scenarios, and education about operations.
- Coordinates and prepares training curricula and training manuals, guides, equipment, and other materials needed to conduct training sessions. This also includes: check requests, cemetery licensing applications, Live Scan forms, Planning Advisor agreements, and other materials.
- Independently and continuously evaluates training sessions to ensure the content is interesting and engaging, makes recommendations as needed.
- Identifies and provides recommendations to Training Manager regarding areas that require changes or modification.
- Independently coordinates the preparation of training sessions based on the day’s curriculum.
- Provides field training in the absence of a Field Sales Manager.
- Trains new Planning Advisors on technical aspects of the position, which include: navigating through smart phone applications, the Forest Lawn Advance Planning Gateway, downloading applications, and other trouble shooting techniques.
- Trains new Planning Advisors to ensure a thorough understanding of the Forest Lawn Security Agreement program, including property exchanges and thorough knowledge of property types.
- Provides training on the specifics of each Forest Lawn park location and conducts property park tours for new Planning Advisors.
- Monitors and maintains records of new Planning Advisors’ progress for each training course.
- Evaluates performance of each Planning Advisor on the material covered and communicates the information with the Training Manager and Regional Sales Managers.
- Stays abreast of new technology, such as programs or systems released by the Association for integration into training curricula.
- Identifies and solves basic computer problems and mobile phones issues for new and existing Planning Advisors.
- Orders and tracks delivery of equipment, including but not limited to mobile phones, computers, printers, business cards, and polo shirts for new Planning Advisors.
- Coordinates the needs of the training department with other departments, including but not limited to technical services, purchasing, maintenance, facilities, memorial counseling, grounds, and the Senior Executive Offices.
- Travels to the different Forest Lawn locations to conduct on-site training exercises as needed.
- Facilitates all aspects of the initial 4-week training and ensures consistency throughout the training sessions.
- Ensures the adherence to wage and hour laws for new Planning Advisors in training.
- Monitors, provides guidance, and approves new Planning Advisors’ timecards via Time & Attendance system procedures and policies.
- Provides training to new advisors on the utilization of the Forest Lawn Customer Relationship Management program.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of delivering standard training programs in a professional manner with an enthusiastic approach
- Ability to speak in public and maintain interest of trainees
- Knowledgeable in the use of smart phone capabilities, including programming, downloading applications, navigation, and other trouble shooting techniques.
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to analyze problems and develop acceptable solutions
- Business and results oriented person
- Ability to travel to all Forest Lawn location and affiliated partner locations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year University; and/or minimum of 3 years’ experience in outside sales training or field training experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Limited Life License (secured within 6 months of employment)
- Valid California Driver License with reliable transportation
Forest Lawn will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.