Senior Business Analyst
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet associate needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
Responsible for leading the analysis of financial results and business unit performance. Partner with business leaders to drive improve operational efficiencies and financial performance.
- Provide financial insights and analysis to support strategic operating decisions
- Proactively identify and implement initiatives to drive productivity and operational efficiencies
- Preparing monthly financial package disseminated to senior management (analysis of operating results; variance analysis; trend analyses; cash flow forecasting and reporting)
- Collaborate with senior management providing support for process improvements and financial analysis
- Identify and execute on opportunities to increase revenues or reduce expenses
- Leading company’s annual budgeting process
- Producing monthly forecast of P&L and cash flows
- Handling proforma / external modeling requirements
- Monitoring and analyzing peer / industry performance
- Identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Research and analysis of new business opportunities
- Assisting in the development of strategic plans
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA preferred (but not required).
Knowledge & Experience
Minimum of 8 years of progressive work experience, preferably within a P&C insurance company capacity. In-depth knowledge of general ledger systems such as Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) and FRx are preferred (but not required).
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; advanced analytical skills at a level to lead interactions with senior management team.
- Demonstrated team building, coordination and supervisory skills.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and excellent model building capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities for multiple managers and work independently.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific associate. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AssuranceAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer