Adjuster I - Liability
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet associate needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
The Level I Liability Adjuster is responsible for initial claims handling.They are to obtain sufficient information in order to determine the exposures for each claim. Claims handling requirements will include completing thorough coverage and liability investigations.
- Initial contact with insured and claimants to determine coverage and liability exposure.
- Obtain recorded statements as warranted.
- Adhere to company reserving philosophy.
- Interpret policy language and apply analysis to claims handling.
- Monitor and control expenses.
- Maintain 1:1 closing ratio.
- Once attorney representation or injuries are identified, elevate for proper triaging of claim.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- GA Adjuster License required.
Knowledge & Experience
Minimum 2 years’ experience in handling automobile claims, preferably in a non-standard environment.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrative ease with both verbal and written formats.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- A high degree of motivation and team orientation.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific associate. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AssuranceAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer