The Chicago Office of Prime Insurance Company is seeking highly motivated and experienced litigators to join its expanding team of Claims Attorneys. This is an excellent opportunity to enjoy an alternative legal career in insurance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Investigate, analyze, and determine the extent of insurance company's liability and exposure concerning personal, casualty, property loss and general damages.
· Analyze property and casualty insurance policies to determine liability, coverage and/or other relevant issues.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legal decisions, statutes and regulations that may impact claims and coverage matters.
· Correspond with and interview insureds, agents, medical specialists, witnesses, and claimants to compile information.
· Analyze police and investigative reports to determine liability, and/or other relevant issues.
· Analyze medical records and reports to determine causality, damages, and/or other relevant issues.
· Analyze medical bills to determine accuracy, reasonableness, , and/or other relevant issues.
· Retain and manage subject matter experts to assist in determining coverage, liability and damages issues;
· Negotiate claim settlements and recommend appropriate action when settlement cannot be reached.
· Retain and manage outside counsel and oversee litigation claims.
· Utilize effective communication skills to provide accurate and timely information to insureds, the company and other stakeholders.
· Interview witnesses and obtain recorded statements when necessary.
· Maintain accurate claims diaries and appropriate claims reserves;
· Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Required Skills and Attributes
· Top legal research and critical thinking skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Superior time management and organizational skills.
· Highly professional demeanor.
· Team oriented personality and hard-working attitude.
· Advanced level knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Working knowledge of insurance, property and casualty claims and coverage issues.
Minimum Education Requirements
· Juris Doctor
· Minimum 1+ years of active tort litigation experience at a law firm. Experience must include witness depositions, expert depositions, written discovery, arbitration/mediation, and minimum 2nd chair trial experience.
Required Certifications and Licensure
· Property and Casualty Adjuster License (Must be obtained within six months of hire).
· Member in good standing of the bar of at least one state.
· Other Advanced Insurance Certification
· E & S Experience Preferred
· P & C Experience Preferred
· Office Location
Based on Experience
Job Type: Full-time