Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under moderate supervision, the Facilities (Data Center) Maintenance/Operator/Electrician will work closely with the Critical Environment Team Lead for 24/7 shift operations, maintenance, repair and emergency response for critical and site mechanical and electrical systems and equipment. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of service work in all phases of specialized critical mechanical building distribution systems including, but not limited to, single & redundant cooling distribution systems, steam & heating systems, complex valve configurations, redundant distribution systems, central & package cooling plants, chilled water storage, boiler plants, heat recovery units, cooling towers, dry coolers, water treatment, point of delivery cooling components, and complex central building control systems.
- Receives work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on critical systems and building physical structure.
- Orders necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work.
- Finalizes work orders by completing necessary documentation.
- Directly operates and monitors critical and non-critical system equipment and components.
- Oversees critical environment work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for the safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of critical equipment.
- Disables and enables fire alarm control panels and systems.
- Responds immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and building occupant concerns.
- Performs Building Management System Console operations.
- Complies with Critical Facilities policies including those policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicable license/permit for trade (e.g. Journeyman or Master/Electrician, City/State License.) or equivalent work experience is required. Universal CFC Certificate, Electrical License, HVAC license etc., as needed to perform duties required. Valid Drivers License required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 2 years of trades schooling (in field training) in electrical system design, refrigeration and/or HVAC preferred. Electrical License preferred.
- 3+ years experience or equivalent education preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office applications preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and Building Automation Systems preferred.
- Expertise in managing multiple requests, and problem solving and analytical skills preferred.
Environmental Exposure to Excess Noise (Occasionally) Exposure to Dirt, Dust, Fumes, Smoke, Gases, or Other Irritating Substances (Occasionally) Exposure to Variable Weather Conditions (Occasionally) Operate or work around moving machinery (Occasionally) Work Schedules Weekend work hours (Occasionally) Overnight work hours (Occasionally) Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) (Occasionally)
Operates standard office equipment (Frequently) Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently) Standing (Occasionally) Lifting items up to 25 pounds (Occasionally) Climbing unprotected heights (ladder, rooftop, stairs, loading dock) (Occasionally) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently) Working in a confined or restricted area (Occasionally) Driving (Occasionally)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE