Senior Underwriter- Medical Professional Liability
Job Title: Senior Underwriter- Physicians- Medical Professional Liability Underwriter
Location: Dallas, Texas OR Atlanta, Georgia
Supports and contributes to the development, growth and profitability of the Hallmark Pro Medical Professional Liability Programs including but not limited to underwriting, pricing and marketing. In addition, assumes subject matter expert responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Make determinations as to the appropriateness of risk selection, pricing and coverage to support continual improvement in underwriting results.
- Actively market to appointed brokers, providing service that supports strong producer relationships.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations to management for any new exposures or market opportunities.
- Establish strong relationships with affiliated business support units.
- Promote the Enterprise’s medical product offerings to producers in conjunction with other Hallmark product lines as opportunities become available.
- Remain current on competition in the marketplace and stay abreast of healthcare liability trends.
- Remain current on legal and regulatory changes and claim
- development in order to contribute unit product development and portfolio decisions.
- Any decision-making outside the Underwriting Guidelines is granted in the Authority Letter issued at the time of hire.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Insurance Industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of medical professional underwriting or related experience
- Analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Functional in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in exposure analysis and pricing thereof
- Detail oriented, organized and able to handle multiple projects and tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be free to travel up to 20%