Underwriting Assistant- Commercial Lines
Summary Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes standard renewals, endorsements and cancellations to support the underwriting process by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews correspondence, records, and reports to select routine matters for processing.
- Reviews and issues new/renewal policies and endorsements within authority level.
- Routes risk-involved matters that are beyond assigned authority to underwriter for evaluation.
- Prepares requisitions for and reviews credit and motor vehicle reports, results of investigations and other insured information.
- Compiles and summarizes pertinent data for underwriting management.
- Maintain agent communication regarding service and billing inquiries.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required, with some college or 2-3 years of related experience
- Insurance experience preferred.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to daily changing needs and job duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills