Sales Operations Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Insurance is one of the largest personal property and casualty insurance brands sold exclusively through a network of more than 3,000 independent agents in most states. With a legacy that dates back to 1897, Encompass employees and agents are committed to delivering a superior insurance experience for our customers. Encompass is a solely owned subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL), the nations largest publicly held personal lines insurer.
Encompass is growth focused, looking to expand its presence throughout the country. We are seeking enthusiastic, creative, results-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment. Encompass offers an exceptional career experience for our employees, with impactful work and exciting opportunities to make a difference. Join Encompass and youll be part of an exciting future.
The Sales Operations Consultant will achieve strategic objectives and business goals by effectively consulting with territory sales consultants and independent agencies. Assists with implementation of agency processes required to improve engagement and increase growth.
The Sales Operations Consultant is based in home office and reports to a Sales Support Manager. No direct reports.
The Sales Operation Consultant is a feeder role for the Territory Sales Consultant.
- Driving and Tracking Agency Results
- Provides insights to help inform effective regional, market and/or state specific sales programs to drive results
- Effectively communicates with internal associates and agencies, presenting business cases to influence decision-making and business results
- Works with regional territory sales consultants and cross-functional business partners to develop and implement market-specific sales tactics designed to achieve specific growth and profit goals and targeted business results
- Identifies skill gaps and opportunities with independent agency producers
- Maintains proactive working relationship with regional territory sales consultants, including follow-up process reviews and periodic assessments
- Takes accountability of communicating updates and progress with home office and sales leaders regarding process support activities conducted within the regions.
- Suggests individual agency development opportunities to home office staff and sales leaders, as needed
- Assists in agency prospecting on behalf of regional sales leaders
- Agency contact for onboarding activities
- Communication & Relationship Management
- Supports the sales leaders in communicating company business objectives (in the context of process implementation)
- Prefer candidate to be able to speak/write both English and Spanish
- 3-5 years business experience, leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in insurance or financial product management, sales management or general management
- Strong excel experience
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact with and influence agency owners, principals and staff; and associates within the internal Encompass organization
- Excellent communication skills; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Strong general management, analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Relationship Management skills - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team Problem solving Uses judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing issues Planning and organizational skills - Can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Strong knowledge of the Independent Agency insurance distribution channel, including industry competitors, major brokers and national industry associations
- Sales skills - knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (examples include: projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality)
- Independent agency technology needs Ability to integrate comparative rater, agency management systems, automated re-quoting systems and processes with corresponding Allstate systems
- Limited travel
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.