Customer Service Representative
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
- Receive and process telephone calls and service requests from policyholders requesting claims information.
- Provide basic information to policyholders regarding claims benefits in accordance with the Customer Interaction Model.
- Navigate through various sources of information (PC, Point of Sale and IPM insurance systems, manuals, call center models, Intranet/Internet, etc.) to respond to policyholder questions in a timely manner.
- Promote understanding of claims process and procedures.
- Assist members by taking a basic claim report of loss as appropriate and refer to appropriate individual for follow-up.
- Provide immediate resolution to policyholder issues or refer to appropriate individual for additional assistance.
- Promote member satisfaction and provide seamless service to ensure customer service goals and standards are met.
- College level coursework in Business, Marketing, or other related field, applicable professional/technical certification courses or related work experience
- Completion of formal claims training
- Working within a customer service environment
- Working within a call center environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Claim processing including understanding policy/coverage terminology
- Insurance processing
- CPS/IPM/PISCES/FACTS systems
Work in a temperature controlled office environment. Ability to sit for the majority of the work day. Willingness and ability to work irregular shifts, including weekends and/or holidays
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of ACG approved training programs
- Navigating through a P.C./automated processing system
- Reading and comprehending various Customer Care service tools (procedure and/or process manuals, work models, etc.)
- Performing basic mathematical calculations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective listening skills
- Strong oral communication skills demonstrated through use of the customer interaction model
- Strong written communication skills (example may be required at time of interview) needed to respond to members/customers’ inquiries in a professional manner
- Complete First Notice of Loss and Customer Care training and certification courses
- Learn and operate all claims systems and systems required to complete work assignment
- Service members according to the Customer Interaction service standards
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Work in a team environment to promote member/customer satisfaction
- Identify and resolve customer service issues/requests or transfer to appropriate Representative
- Respond to member/customer service, information or product requests
- Maintain accurate records
- Accurately enter information and data into computerized system
- Perform basic mathematical calculations