Property Claims Specialist - Davenport, IA
It is the responsibility of this position to provide superior property claims service to all regions by handling Property and Inland Marine claims. This person will investigate the claim, estimate the property damages, select and deploy experts, obtain appropriate claim documentation, and effect accurate settlement within the prescribed authority and standards of performance. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Handles property/inland marine claims for assigned region with availability to assist as needed in all other regions.
- Evaluates and settles property-related damages.
- Handles typical Business Income losses.
- This position will join the LLU as part of the corporate catastrophe team. As catastrophe needs arise throughout our claims organization, the PCS will serve as an initial responder for catastrophe claim events within the various regions.
- Responsible for all coverage determinations, negotiations, reserving and settlement within established authority.
- Provides coverage and/or estimating assistance to regional CMS’ as may be required by management.
- Responds to all legal, regulatory or appeals situations or requests.
- Must have the ability to work varying shifts.
- Have knowledge of and proficiency in standard business and claim-specific computer software programs and the ability to keyboard in an efficient and productive manner.
- College degree preferred.
- Prefer 5 years claims experience, thorough knowledge of Commercial and Personal Lines coverages and computer-based damage estimating.