Business Development Executive
As a Business Development Executive, your role will work independently, yet with our entire team, to develop varying opportunities and business-to-business relationships for the firm. As a confident self-starter, you are not afraid of cold calling, being professionally persistent, and developing new relationships. You will work closely with the entire team and departments to ensure that our plethora of solutions are being professionally presented to our existing, and more importantly prospective clients. This is predominantly an organic growth position within our firm.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Business Development Executive:
- Establish client relationships and follow up with customers, as needed.
- Learn and understand our distinctive competencies, and articulate those to existing and prospective clients.
- Assess comprehensive opportunities within prospective accounts.
- Provide prompt, accurate and professional customer service.
- Work within company specific guidelines and policies.
Requirements of a Business Development Executive:
- A “hunter” mentality.
- Understand that new business development is the most important goal.
- Must have Consultative Selling Training (PSS I, II, III, Xerox and/or Sandler Certifications).
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas.
- A pro-active, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work well in a multi-level/matrix organization.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems such as Salesforce, Epic, Etc.
- A collaborative mindset to include all levels of the organization.
- 3-5 years of previous business-to-business sales experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience selling to varying industries is a plus.
- Required to obtain the appropriate state licensing within 6 months of hire.
- Candidates with an existing insurance license will be viewed as a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Office products.
- Pass pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening.