Receptionist and Office Administrative Assistant
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet our Associates’ needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space that functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, sensitivity to protecting a company culture and familiarity with working in a corporate environment in order to help make things happen.
The Receptionist provides full coverage of reception area and our company phone answering system as well as general office support. He/She will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate Associates, and assisting the team with various administrative tasks and projects.
• Greets visitors to the company with a constant presence at reception area desk.
• Answers telephone as top priority to be the voice of the “operator” directing calls to the appropriate person or department call center.
- Assures system is in place for backup when taking break/lunch for phones and reception area.
• Accepts delivery and distribution of packages in orderly manner assuring reception area is protected from excessive traffic and maintained as the “welcome center” for the company’s headquarter office.
- Maintains welcome sign and proactively seeks names to include when appropriate.
• Coordinates meeting planning details for various executives and company functions (i.e. food, materials, room setup; AV readiness, invitations) such as new hire luncheons, company-wide meetings, Fun Squad events, etc.).
- Provide care of office environment with specific facilities management duties including:
- daily preparation of coffee in breakroom
- daily conference room sign up sheet posting and troubleshooting as needed
- assist with upkeep of breakroom (counter, cabinets, refrigerator/freezers, counters, trash, etc.) and other general décor (artworks, plants, furniture) throughout office
- ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of breakroom and office supplies
- organization of supplies in breakroom, executive copy room and reception/board room storage closet/cabinets
- administering office access badge requests for new Associates/approved others
- submitting special maintenance requests to Building Management concerning issues for repair and upkeep
- maintain facility vendor files and assist in oversight as needed for document shredding/recycling, cleaning services, etc.
• Partner with Property Management as the point of contact for the Emergency Evacuation Plan and act as the Fire Warden for AssuranceAmerica.
• Assist various executives with other special administrative projects as requested including but not limited to travel arrangements, proofreading, document copying, etc.
Formal Education & Certification
High School Diploma; College Degree preferred
Knowledge & Experience
Three-five years of administrative or receptionist experience required.
Skills & Competencies
- An easygoing, appealing and professional voice and presence, coupled with strong interpersonal communication skills to assure he/she is reflective of our positive, upbeat and caring culture to every person who calls into or enters our office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – in line with our corporate culture
- Able to manage multiple priorities and effectively work both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Adherence to company guidelines for attendance/punctuality and maintaining a professional appearance in line with “business casual” attire. Office hours 8am – 5pm; lunch at 12 noon.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific associate. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.