Business Relationship Manager
Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance company doing business in 26 states, headquartered in Marietta, PA, with 8 regional offices located in Athens, GA, Duluth, GA, Le Mars, IA, Grand Rapids, MI, Albuquerque, NM, Greenville, OH, Glen Allen, VA, and Sheboygan Falls, WI.
Donegal offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products sold exclusively through our network of independent agents. We are committed to the independent agency system and proud of the companys heritage, which spans nearly 130 years. Donegals strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned the company a rating of A (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nations leading insurance rating organization.
Donegal Insurance Group has an opening for a Business Relationship Manager to join our team. The preferred candidates will live in the West Chester, Chester City, or Malvern, Pennsylvania areas.
About the role:
We are seeking a Business Relationship Manager for the West Chester Pennsylvania area to increase quote activity, written premium and improve retention while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and profitability through the independent agency system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for prospecting and appointment of agents in order to build a strong distribution channel.
- Provide training to agencies on new programs and services in order to assist the agent in achieving their established goals and objectives with the company.
- Effectively communicate Donegal Companies corporate goals, products, rules, rates, and incentives to agents to achieve a profitable book of business and build a strong business relationship.
- Provide personalized attention on sales calls to ensure optimum position within the Agency.
- Effectively communicate with each agency on the types of personal and commercial lines business we are interested in quoting.
- Responsible for directing agents to utilize Donegals WritePro and WriteBiz systems, and generating personal lines quote activity.
- Will provide Commercial and Personal Lines quotes, when necessary, to assist agents
- Work closely with individual agents in order to generate new commercial lines business opportunities.
- Develop individual Agency Plans, which includes the financial objectives for the specific agent to include premium, loss ratio, new and renewal policy count goals. Discussions held frequently with Agents to review their progress versus plan toward their goals.
- Analyze agency profitability for each agent within their assigned territory. Develops and implements agency action plans to meet financial and strategic goals and any corrective actions as needed. May include training, re-underwriting, rehabilitation programs, mergers or agency termination. Works closely with underwriting to implement corrective actions with agents as needed.
- Facilitate at least two agency reviews each year with underwriting to review the agents performance as compared to the established goals and implements correctives measures as needed.
- Responsible for marketing company products and services. This includes a working knowledge of the interface capabilities of our company, monitoring of agency activity and arranging training of new products and services.
- Routinely visit agents in assigned territory and prospect for quality agency appointments.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in marketing, business administration or related field
- 5 to 7 years of property and casualty insurance marketing experience within Eastern Pennsylvania
- Knowledge of the independent agency system, comfortable working with larger commercial agencies, and familiar with PA agents
- Commercial and personal lines insurance experience and knowledge, strong commercial experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and highly motivated
- Continuing education and insurance designations highly preferred
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Incentive Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Donegal Insurance Group participates in E-Verify in the following states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Utah, Arizona, Nebraska, and Louisiana. If you reside in one of the listed states, please review the "Notice of E-Verify Participation" and the "Right to Work Poster" on the links below:
Notice of E-Verify Participation Poster
https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf (English and Spanish)
Right to Work Poster