Field Appraiser - Auto Damage Claims
At Windhaven Insurance we are always looking for A-players who want a challenge. If you are a driven person who wants to achieve great feats of growth within your career, then we want to talk to you!
We are a successful, fast growing Property & Casualty Insurance group of companies headquartered in Miami, Florida. Currently we are looking for an experienced Auto Appraiser to join our team in Dallas.
The Field Auto Damage Appraiser provides outstanding customer service experience by using exceptional investigation skills to evaluate and appraise damaged automobiles of varying condition. Assesses estimates and repairs for accuracy per Windhaven™ Insurance standard.
- Using multiple system reviews appraisals costs for parts, materials, and labor necessary to restore vehicles to their pre-damaged condition.
- Provide claims personnel with expert advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinion on whether specific damage is related to accident.
- Review claims personnel in determining when a damaged vehicle should be classified as a total loss.
- Resolves disagreements and negotiates with auto repair facility, independent adjusters, and customers
- May assist in the training of staff and evaluation of staff, independent and Direct Repair Program shops.
- Complete Direct Repair Programs re-inspections, supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an Appraiser position with thorough experience in Appraising and Estimating
- Knowledge of CCC estimating systems
- Knowledge of Audatex/Auto source estimating
- Detail oriented
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Bilingual - English and Spanish preferred.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skill
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.