*People Leader Customer Care Unit Manager
Do you enjoy motivating, developing, and leading others? Do you want a position where you can make a difference every day in the lives of our clients and have the opportunity to learn and grow in your career? Do you like variety and have the ability to multi-task and manage change?
Our Unit Manager position is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, controlling and coordinating the day-to-day activities of a team of associates involved in providing services in the area of Hazard Outsourcing.
section to be updated by SMEs
- Open Items unit is responsible for obtaining renewal information on expiring items via outbound calls.
- Customer Care unit is responsible for answering inbound calls from homeowners and clients to assist with damage claims.
- Processing unit is responsible for updating documents and processing evidence of insurance.
- Resolution unit is responsible for handling escalated calls and the research and resolution of homeowner and client issues. (Note the Resolution unit and Research unit currently have the same description and may need differentiation.)
- Research unit is responsible for researching and resolving escalated claims.
- Loss Draft unit is responsible for accepting and updating claim documents and requests, scheduling inspections, and coordinating work with vendors.
- Mail Services unit is responsible for (need info)
Successful candidates for the Unit Manager Level III position will have demonstrated management competence, expertise in the mortgage banking and insurance industries, and experience with Assurant clients and processes. The Unit Manager III will manage a multi-function team servicing specialty clients with complex processing needs. In addition, the Unit Manager Level III will also provide backup and support to operations management as needed.
We offer an opportunity for you to grow your career and learn the mortgage banking and insurance industries.
Note: Must be available to work a flexible schedule which may include evening and some Saturday hours.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of non-exempt associates supporting one or multiple clients. Communicate expectations and manage for individual and team performance results.
- Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
- Coordinate workflow and ensure client standards are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Train and develop employees, communicate performance expectations, and manage for results.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
- Participate in the administration and monitoring of an operational budget, which may include payroll tracking and managing staffing levels.
Monitor employee and team performance and maintain required service levels in order to meet client requirements.
- Participate in client meetings and/or regulatory audits. Obtain feedback on the performance of the work group and make appropriate adjustments to ensure client requirements are met.
- Monitor ongoing quality standards for employees/team and promote culture of continuous improvement.
- Investigate and appropriately address client inquiries, complaints and/or opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards and implement any necessary procedural changes.
- Maintain the accuracy of client performance reports.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Collaborate with internal support teams and supervisors to effectively manage staffing levels, employee morale, and process improvement initiatives.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Maintain and increase operational skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Effectively collaborates with management/leadership regarding process, staff, client needs and service levels. May also back up operations manager as needed.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience managing, motivating, and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Associate or Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in mortgage servicing, banking, insurance, contact center management, business process outsourcing, or related industries
- Working knowledge of mortgage servicing systems
- Knowledge of ADP system or other time management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a situation, influence others, and negotiate a win-win
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive and results-oriented with a high level of integrity
- Ability to innovate and improve processes as needed
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Must be flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment