Risk Engineering Specialist - Commercial Lines
This position is responsible for providing risk engineering consultation and services on accounts of a moderately complex and unusual nature. Demonstrates a strong knowledge of risk factors for all lines of business. Work may include risk quality evaluations and consultative risk improvement services for specialty services (e.g., Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Construction, Large Fleets, HPR, Utilities, large account coordination).strategy and process for personal lines inspections.
● Provide critical pre-loss, risk engineering consultative service and support to client accounts and agents.
● Work in partnership with underwriting to identify and enhance risk selection and account retention through effective risk engineering practices.
● Evaluate risk quality, identify risk improvement opportunities and work with client accounts to implement effective strategies to enhance the overall risk operations.
● Work in partnership with underwriting and claims teammates on post-loss analysis to identify opportunities for account or process improvement.
● In some situations, the role may require the consultant to be the department subject matter expert for a specific line of business or focus area.
● Manage projects of varying size and scope, as assigned.
● Provide exceptional customer service.
● Collaborate with co-workers by assisting in areas where and when needed.
● Actively participate in personal goal setting and in the coaching and performance management process.
● Observe all company safety and health rules and apply these in all day-to-day activities.
● Exhibit positive demeanor and professional behavior toward coworkers, clients and customers.
Minimum Experience / Education:
BA/BS in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, Science or equivalent experience with a professional industry designation (e.g., CSP, ALCM, CFPS, ARM, etc.). Must possess or actively pursue a professional industry designation (CSP, ALCM, ARM, CFPS, etc.). Minimum of 3 years of risk engineering/loss control experience. Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable record. This is a field-based job and may require up to 25% overnight travel.
Communication and Collaboration Skills:
1. Written: Excellent skills to compose and write reports, proposals, business correspondence, technical bulletins and procedure manuals in a clear and concise manner.
2. Oral: Excellent skills to extemporaneously explain complex information in an easily understandable manner to insured’s, agents, company staff. Listens to customers and gets clarifications. Excellent presentation skills
3. Excellent presentation skills.
1. Excellent technical knowledge of industry trends, developments, current standards and regulations in multiple areas.
2. Excellent understanding of Personal Insurance Risk Engineering services.
3. Ability to research and identify emerging trends and technology in the Risk Engineering space.
Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, decision-making skills and project management skills.
Key Words: Risk Engineering:: Risk Control :: Risk Management :: Loss Control :: Loss Prevention
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan.
State Auto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions, we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s).
State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto.