At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet associate needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
Responsible for reviewing incoming applications for risk acceptability and profitability according to company guidelines and state regulations. Willingly assists with training, special projects, and additional assignments.
Experienced underwriter capable of working with minimal supervision; may provide direction to lower level underwriters and at times serve as team lead or project manager if assigned.
- Review incoming applications and all attachments
- Determine application acceptability
- Must ensure compliance with industry and company policies
- Must understand regulatory/statutory requirements
- Properly utilize the policy management systems and understand their features and functionalities
- Train others; acts as resource to lower-level underwriters, claims, sales, and customer service personnel
- Participate in special projects and additional assignments
- Process changes to policies
- Attend, participate, and contribute to department meetings
- Responsible for meeting established department goals and objectives
- Organize work schedule to achieve timely processing of all responsibilities; may serve as project manager or team lead if assigned
- Assist with Customer Service incoming calls as needed
- Willingly expend the necessary time beyond scheduled work hours to assist with deadlines
- Abide by all company or department policies
- Perform other duties as assigned by Underwriting Supervisor
- Provide strong team work focus
Formal Education & Certification
Undergraduate College Degree in RMI, Business or Marketing, or equivalent work experience will be considered.
Knowledge & Experience
3-4 years of general insurance background and at least 3 years of personal lines experience. Significant knowledge of underwriting principles and statutory requirements are necessary.
Skills & Competencies
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced automated production environment.
- Excellent PC skills are required.
- Must have the ability to make autonomous decisions based on multiple facts.
- Works as a team player throughout the company.
- Must be professional and maintain an acceptable level of integrity and professionalism.
Apply for Underwriting Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly