Property Claims Adjuster
As a member of the Southeast Michigan Property Claims Team, you will play a vital role in providing outstanding customer experience by using your investigative and negotiation skills to resolve a variety of claims in a fast paced, detail-oriented, team environment. In this role, you will travel to the loss site to conduct a thorough analysis and investigation. Every day is a new exciting challenge, investigating property claims, evaluating damages, determine coverage, setting accurate loss cost estimates, manage consultants and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. Experienced applicants must be knowledgeable of Personal and preferably Commercial property coverages. Ideally we would prefer candidates who live in the Southeast Michigan area (south of I-69 and east of 23 to the border).
- Investigate and determine coverage of loss and adjust all elements of Property Loss claims of moderate-high severity by initiating and maintaining positive and productive communications in a timely manner.
- Explain policy coverage or limitations, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Coordinate relevant claim information with Loss Control, SIU, Underwriting, Marketing, etc. to maximize the company’s effectiveness in avoiding future losses and to better manage current business.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
- Attends litigation hearings as needed.
- Identify and preserve salvage and subrogation opportunities.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Good written and oral communications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and scoping and writing structure estimates in Xactimate
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- 5 + years direct claims experience required
- Bachelor degree or equivalent claims training/experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Ability to work remotely as a motivated self-starter