Director, Mergers & Acquisitions - GRM Finance
4 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your Finance career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
As a Director on the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and executing strategic transactions for Liberty Mutuals Global Retail Markets (GRM) business unit. Global Retail Markets is a $28B business unit at Liberty Mutual that sells personal and small commercial insurance globally across 16 countries. This is a highly visible and impactful role that works closely with senior leaders around the world in GRM, and more broadly across Liberty Mutual Group.
The Director, Mergers and Acquisition will be responsible for working cross-functionally to execute strategic transactions that help GRMs US, West, and East regions achieve their objectives. The Director will help inform strategies across our markets and serve as a consultative partner in sourcing, conducting due diligence, making formal recommendations, and ultimately executing transactions.
**Please Note: Flexibility to hire at a grade 17-18 Manager/Sr. Manager or grade 19 Director depending on experience **
- Serve as a consultative partner for business leaders to both inform strategy and execute acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures globally
- Provide subject-matter expertise to the team and its stakeholders in M&A, strategy, project management, and effective communication
- Proactively scan, cultivate, and evaluate potential strategic transactions that are aligned to leaderships priorities
- Prepare and deliver executive presentations on transaction evaluation and recommendations
- Work collaboratively with colleagues around GRM to ensure that the M&A team can both source and provide needed expertise
- Deliver an unparalleled customer experience to our stakeholders based on meticulous execution and expertise, provided in a way that values empathy and team work
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of proven experience in strategic, finance, or investment roles with a track record of high performance.
- Ability to demonstrate experience leading highly complex, cross-functional, and time-sensitive projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, particularly interfacing at the C-suite level; highly collaborative
- Must possess strong analytical, strategic, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to effectively influence across the organization
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and/or large partnerships within P&C insurance highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of P&C insurance finance, valuation, and accounting preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred, CFA preferred. P&C insurance credentials (e.g., CPCU) also desirable
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.