Senior Communications Specialist
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
The Senior Specialist, Internal Communications plans and writes content for on-going medium to large internal communications publications. Work is characterized by a high level of independence and ownership of internal communications projects and writing assignments. Works directly with business to write internal communication materials that reflect the strategic initiatives and objectives of the business.
- Partner closely with leaders to plan and develop internal communications plans that support business objectives. Provide ongoing communications expertise, support, consultation, and guidance to those leaders.
- Plan and perform advanced writing activities such as announcements, blog posts, key messages and executive talking points.
- This position will lead our Independent Agent channel internal communications effort frequent travel to Seattle may be required (if Boston-based).
- Performs project management duties related to recurring publications including planning, tracking deliverables, identifying potential illustrations and interfacing with creative teams for production.
- Has regular contact with senior-level business personnel and recommends internal communications solutions to meet business objectives.
- Participates in departmental planning including prioritization of projects based on needs of internal clients.
- May perform lead duties associated with Internal Communications projects of short duration or sub-projects associated with larger departmental initiatives.
- 2+ years of relevant and progressively more responsible communications experience, including internal communications work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project planning skills with a proven track record for executing.
- Comfortable providing counsel to managers and executives.
- Proactive, collaborative, and eager to learn about the business.
- Understand how to develop a communication strategy that supports key business objectives.
- Well-versed in various communication vehicles.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in in Communications, English or Journalism) or equivalent experience.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.