Financial Operations Representative II
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter a finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you will find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
The Financial Operations Representative II supports financial and technical functions of the unit. Maintains accuracy of financial records; reviews and validates data elements against policy, for accuracy; performs routine calculations, balancing, and responses to customer inquiries. Involves a moderate degree of problem-solving and independent judgment.
- Prepare and review data for input into financial systems.
- Support, process and input financial transactions such as journal entries, payment or refund transactions, and other data for various operating reports.
- Participate in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Responsible for account balancing and reconciliation, control checks and ensuring accuracy of data and batch transactions.
- Research and resolve routine issues and problems.
- Respond to routine inquiries from managers, employees and external customers/vendors.
- Maintain logs for recording and tracking transactions, e.g. billings and chargebacks, journal entries, etc.
- Review and validate data elements according to policy for accuracy and for compliance with internal policies.
- High School diploma required; Associates degree in business or accounting preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience, ideally in an accounting/finance environment.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and present information in a clear manner.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and/or departmental systems applications.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.