UR Intake Specialist
The UR Intake Specialist provides staff support services including entering referrals, answering emails, typing reports and correspondence, file handling and forms completion in addition to answering incoming telephone calls, supporting the goals of the Utilization Review / Case Management department, and of CorVel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes calls relating to precertification requests.
- Researches case information
- Verifies that all patient, provider and facility information entered in system is accurate and up to date.
- Enters request for service in CareMC program.
- Enters notes into CareMC system for documentation of utilization review requests.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Effective multi-tasking skills in a high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via all methods of communication.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- A.A. degree or equivalent preferred.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.