Senior Liability Adjuster
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation and resolution of commercial auto, general/product liability claims that arise from the property/casualty arena. This position will be required to analyze complex or technically difficult high exposure claims on a countrywide basis. A high level of customer service must be maintained at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Investigate and resolve claims in accordance with Corvels standards and client expecations.
- Assign appropriate reserves, managing reserve adequacy throughout life of the claim.
- Diary must be worked daily and managed effectively.
- Proactively manage the litigation process to ensure timely and cost effective claims resolution.
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences, trials as required.
- Report claims to excess carriers and provide follow-up status reports.
- Prepare written status and authority requests to clients.
- Participate in periodic, client claim reviews.
- Must exhibit excellent time management and organizational skills.
Oral and written communications must be effective and expressed in clear, concise and professional manner.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 10+ years technical claim handling experience with high exposure claims.
- Must have extensive experience in handling of traditional, commercial loss exposures.
- Bachelors degree.
- Current P/C adjusting licenses as required by each applicable state.
- AIC designation preferred.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.