Return to Work Coordinator
Provides return to work support through coordination with the client, referral source, physician, employer, attorney and other parties of interest with the ultimate goal being the injured employee's timely return to work. Works with the employer, human relations, management and other parties of interest to determine potential temporary modified / transitional duty positions within the organization. Determines suitable job goals consistent with the employee's aptitudes and physical limitations.
Bachelors Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field with course work in rehabilitation philosophy, rehabilitation history, rehabilitation ethics, medical aspects of disability, psychological aspects of disability, job placement, occupational information, counseling theory, personal and vocation adjustment, work evaluation (minimum of 24 credit hours). Windows computer skills required.
- Corvel is an EOE
- This position requires a clear DMV report, reliable vehicle, and valid driver's license.
Masters Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field with CRC or CDMS Certification. Knowledge of Managed Care or Workers' Compensation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Schedule and carry out appointments with client, adjuster, medical providers, employer, attorney and other parties of interest
- Develop job bank for temporary modified duty positions
- Ensure early intervention and timely return to work of injured / ill employees where it is safe and practical to do so
- Actively manage cases of employee injuries and/or illnesses
- Communicate via telephone
- Complete forms according to industry requirements
- Required to prepare organized reports within a specified timeframe
- Document all case activity in files
- Complete ongoing educational requirements as required by certifying bodies
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Additional duties as required
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES
- Committee meetings.
- Customer service activities.
- Present instructional programs.
- On-site job analyses.
- Job placement.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.