Desk Appraiser - Material Damage
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet associate needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
The primary function of a desk appraiser is to review and complete material damage estimates following strict compliance guidelines. An ideal candidate will be able to communicate and multi-task effectively and will have a strong work ethic while completing all work related duties. The ability to remain on task, provide excellent service to our clients, keep a positive attitude and consistently educate oneself will be vital for this position.
- Prepare and review written material damage estimates using CCC based estimating systems.
- Determine if a vehicle is repairable verses a total loss.
- Complete total loss evaluations.
- Strong negotiation skills and significant ability to reach agreed prices for repair with repair facilities.
- Assist adjusters as needed, which may include explanation of repair process and total loss evaluation as well as unrelated damage verses related damage.
- Document file regarding estimates, repairs and total loss evaluations to include any revisions.
- Ensure compliance with state laws and regulation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and CCC estimating products.
Formal Education & Certification
College degree or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
2 + years of material damage appraiser experience. Prior ICAR or ASE certification a plus