IT - Technical Lead
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet employee needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is growing rapidly, and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
Is software development your passion? Are you a seasoned developer looking for a leadership role with a high performing team? At AssuranceAmerica, you will play a key role in creating and maintaining mission critical web applications using a variety of technologies.
You will work with a small team of experienced IT professionals and interface directly with stakeholders to understand their challenges and develop solutions. We move quickly, and you wear a variety of hats, providing new challenges each day.
- Lead the implementation and support of technological solutions.
- Develop overall technical strategies for projects.
- Perform a mix of maintenance and new development for customer-facing enterprise application systems.
- Research technical issues and provide recommendations.
- Effectively articulate and transfer technical knowledge to the team.
- Project management.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand big-picture along with detail orientation.
- Ability to debug, track and fix errors.
- Self-manage and organize work schedule to achieve timely processing of all responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department manager.
- Works as a team player throughout the company.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equal experience (two years of experience per one year of college) in a related area.
Knowledge & Experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with enterprise level web application development.
Skills & Competencies
- Proficient with C# is required.
- SQL Server and T-SQL development experience is required.
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced automated production environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Well-developed critical thinking skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be professional and maintain an acceptable level of integrity and professionalism.
- Insurance experience is a plus.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the employee.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AssuranceAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer