Senior Workers Comp Claims Specialist
Opportunity in the Rancho Cucamonga, CA office to manage workers' compensation claims within company best practices. Will work within delegated authority to determine and pay benefits due, work closely with case managers and attorneys to handle all aspects of the claims. In addition, will ensure specific customer service requirement to achieve the best possible outcomes.Essential Job Duties
- Determine the validity and compensability of claims by investigating and gathering information pertaining to the injury and complete necessary documentation within company and state guidelines.
- Establish reserves and authorize payments within authority limits.
- Develop and establish well documented action plans.
- Coordinate early return to work efforts with the appropriate parties.
- Manage subrogation and litigation as it applies.
- Report claims to Excess Carriers when applicable.
- Communicate claim statuses with the customer and injured workers.
- Develop and maintain professional customer relationships. Comply with the rules and regulations of the state.
- College degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Three plus years of work experience required.
- Self Insured Certificate.
- State Certification as an experienced examiner.
- Bi-lingual Spanish is REQUIRED.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.