Workers Comp Claims Specialist- Lost Time Adjuster
Manage within company best practices lower-level non-complex and non-problematic workers' compensation claims within delegated limited authority to best possible outcome, under the direct supervision of a senior claims professional.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Receives claim, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgement of the claim
- Determine validity and compensability of the claim
- Establish reserves and authorize payments within reserving authority limits
- Manage non-complex and non-problematic medical-only claims and minor lost-time workers' compensation claims under close supervision
- Communicate claim status with the customer and claimant and client
- Adhere to client and carrier guidelines and participate in claims review as needed
- Assists other claims professionals with more complex or problematic claims as necessary
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
EDUCATION: College degree preferred, work experience can substitute for educational requirement
LICENSES: As required
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of industry experience and claims management preferred
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.