Bill Review Supervisor
CorVel is seeking a Bill Review Supervisor to work in our Colorado office. The Bill Review Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all operations within their designated department. This position functions as a member of the Bill Review Department leadership team, ensuring optimum team performance by providing exemplary support and assistance to achieve the organizational goals of excellent customer service of the bill review department and of CorVel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs a team of employees in their day-to-day operations and the quality of services provided, focusing on production, timeliness and quality bill review performance.
- Establishes employee performance goals and follow-up to ensure employees are achieving goals, providing encouragement, training and counseling as needed
- Evaluates and maintains appropriate staffing levels to ensure all work product is completed within internal and external customer turn-around time expectations
- Has ongoing responsibility for maximizing department quality and productivity by monitoring service levels and minimizing abandoned calls. Handles productivity reports and assures departmental coverage
- Acts as a functional resource and assists Manager with operations.
- Reinforces policies, procedures, work assignments, etc., by setting examples and following through.
- Travel to customer and employee sites as needed to attend meetings, perform training and otherwise support customers and employees in their job performance as needed.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist team members to develop knowledge and understanding of bill review practice.
- Effective quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Ability to travel overnight and attend meetings if required.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of processing bills on multiple lines of business
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing codes, applicable state fee schedules and/or U&C charge processing
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience medical billing and supervisory/management experience
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) designation preferred
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.