A growing nationwide property & casualty company, with offices in Salt Lake City and Chicago, is seeking high quality professionals with various levels of training and experience for its underwriting department. The company offers well above average benefits (Including matching 401(k), medical, dental and vision) to well qualified, committed candidates.
The ideal candidate will creatively analyze, underwrite, and effectively manage Prime’s book of business to ensure profitable growth.
- Evaluate submissions to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with underwriting guidelines.
- Prioritize and manage inventory of special projects, new business opportunities, renewal business, and enforce policy endorsement and service requests.
- Understand pricing components and rating methodology to price business based on risk characteristics, financial review and competitive analysis.
- Demonstrate technical and artistic / creative underwriting skills through strategic account review and detailed file pricing and risk documentation.
- Stay apprised of state/territory issues, regulations and trends
- Effectively manage producer relationships to achieve production goals
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners
- Dynamic personality
- Exhibits strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively build, strengthen, and maintain internal and external professional relationships.
- Proficient in risk analysis and pricing to achieve profitable growth
- Competent in use of technology
- Ability to function in a highly collaborative, fast pace, team environment.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly analyze various risk factors and demonstrate a flexible, creative, and thoughtful underwriting approach
- Capable of taking on and effectively executing any professional task
Apply for Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly