Tax Supervisor - International Tax
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance's highly integrated tax organization provides a collegial framework to achieve results. As a Tax professional, you will contribute across all the key components of tax including compliance & financial reporting, planning & research, and audits. You will be exposed to an array of federal, international, and state tax issues, as well as strategies surrounding merger and acquisition transactions.
- Manage preparation of routine to complex tax return and disclosures including foreign tax credit calculations, Subpart F, GILTI, BEAT, Form 5471 reporting.
- Identify, develop and lead the implementation of process improvements. Develop policies that ensure adequate controls and documentation.
- Conduct complex research on technical tax and accounting issues, manage staff in research and review related memoranda.
- Evaluation of various international transactions to understand and communicate tax consequences, reporting obligations, and risks.
- Management of monthly financial reporting tasks, including review of routine to complex tasks. Approve tax-related financial calculations, journal entries and disclosures. Ensure results are presented in accordance with GAAP (including ASC 740 and FIN48) and Statutory guidance.
- Identify and support the implementation of cost-effective tax planning strategies designed to create value and optimize the Company's worldwide tax position.
- Monitor key legislative, regulatory, and/or tax litigation issues. Identify and
communicate developments relevant to the Company to senior management.
- Coordinate responses to U.S. income tax audits related to US international tax issues. Review and monitor foreign audits to understand financial risk and likelihood of success.
- Act as a mentor to staff through training, coaching, and providing performance feedback
- Work effectively with other areas of Corporate Taxation and other Finance functions, and demonstrate leadership in cross-functional initiatives.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Equivalent.
- Advanced degree (MST, MSA, MBA, CPA or JD) preferred.
- A minimum of at least 6 years of tax experience (financial reporting, compliance, audit, planning) or equivalent, preferably with a major public accounting firm or large multi-national company.
- Demonstrated expertise and depth in international transaction analysis, international tax technical and accounting areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to lead projects effectively
Highly motivated individual with ability to multitask and complete deliverables within time constraints and deadlines.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.