Liability Claims Specialist
7 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Manage within company standards, client special handling and best practices complex and problematic high visibility auto liability, general liability and professional liability claims within delegated limited authority to investigation and determine liability; work closely with clients, claimants and attorneys; investigate subrogation and negotiate settlements to ensure specific customer service requirement to achieve the best possible outcome in the claim. Create action plans discussing exposure and reserve claims to reflect probable outcome. Municipality experience a plus.
Essential Job Duties:
- Investigate and process insurance claims filed by policyholders.
- Interview, insured, claimant and witnesses to gather pertinent information.
- Handle and process variety of claims, including automobile, general and professional liability claims for municipality.
- Handle property claims involving damage to buildings and structures, or liability claims involving personal injuries or third-person property damage from liability situations, such as motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, or alleged negligent behavior.
- Inspect property damage to determine extent of damages.
- Evaluate damages to ascertain compensation amount.
- Consult police and hospital records.
- Assign vendors to complete estimates.
- Examine photographs and statements.
- Listen to or watch audio or video surveillance.
- Record data in system and document claim files appropriately.
- Evaluate all information to determine how claim should be handled.
- Negotiate and settle claims.
- Issue payout amounts.
- Prepare and present claims to client for authority.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- 1. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 2. PC literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- 3. Effective analytical and interpretive skills
- 4. Strong organizational skills
- 5. Good interpersonal skills
- 6. Ability to work in a team environment
- 7. Ability to work independently
- 8. Knowledge of the entire claims administration and liability investigation procedures.
- Four year degree at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Liability claims management experience required.
- State Licensures to adjuster Liability Claims preferred
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.