AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust is searching for an experienced and knowledgeable Surety Bond Manager
In coordination with the Branch Manager and senior management, responsible for the marketing, underwriting, pricing, and servicing of surety bond products within the satellite office, and for the effective management, training and supervision of office personnel.Responsibilities
- Works with Branch Manager in the planning, organization, and direction of the activities of the local satellite office in accordance with the authority delegated by the Branch Manager to accomplish the objectives of profitable growth, expense control, and customer service.
- Reviews bond submissions from producers involving commercial, contract and subdivision surety accounts.
- Reviews and recommends approval or denial of bonds beyond assigned underwriting authority.
- Underwrites and directs the underwriting of individual submissions, accounts, and programs within designated level of authority and as designated by company guidelines to ensure effective solicitation, selection, risks, pricing, and retention of desirable business.
- Supervises and directs the work of the underwriting staff and other employees in the office regarding Company underwriting and procedural guidelines and requirements, and Company policies and procedures; timely prepares Performance Evaluations and salary recommendations; ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Identifies potential new agents and producers, promotes company to this group. Analyzes, evaluates, reviews and makes recommendations to superiors regarding new business. Recommends new agents and producers for company appointment.
- Performs and effectively documents complete analyses of financial statements, credit references, prior account history, work in process schedules, and related surety data for submissions. Prepares underwriting financial data worksheets for reporting contract and subdivision bonds. Updates and maintains underwriting bond files, including work-in-progress, credit and reference information. Ensures timely submission of all account information to Home Office.
- Works with producers and customers to handle accounts and resolve issues beyond the authority of the branch underwriting staff.
- Submits business to Branch Manager, Regional Manager or Home Office Underwriting for approval over the delegated authority level.
- Travels within a designated territory with the responsibility of developing new sources of bond business, territorial analysis, and servicing existing accounts.
- In coordination with Branch Manager, promotes business development through marketing calls on agents, and clients. Promotes company programs and image as appropriate including contact with various industry representatives, regulators, and governmental officials. With approval of Branch Manager and Executive Management, attend industry functions.
- Bachelors Degree in business administration, finance, or in a related field from a college or university is required.
- 7+ years of surety underwriting experience.
- Must have a high degree of knowledge in both contract and subdivision surety underwriting.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and possess strong and effective analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software, project or contact management systems with experience in using Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Windows software.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.