Adjuster Level III - Casualty
At Assurance America, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet employee needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a key player in this field, and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
The Casualty Adjuster is responsible for a caseload consisting of complex coverage and liability issues and any claims involving serious injuries. This position requires thorough and complete investigations to gather sufficient information to make informed and knowledgeable coverage and liability decisions. Must also be able to develop exposures and evaluate injury claims fairly and equitably based on the damages, as well as the insurance contract, and in accordance to company policies and applicable state laws.
- Investigate and evaluate coverage, liability and damages in handling of all lines of coverage for personal automobile policies.
- Evaluate and negotiate fair and equitable settlements and obtain proper closing documents.
- Maintain proper reserves on all pending claims.
- Maintain current diary on all claims and review and address mail as outlined in departmental goals.
- Maintain a 1:1 closing ratio.
- Control expenses.
- Provide excellent customer service not only to our outside customers but also to other departments within the company.
- Meet and maintain general file handling goals and procedures as outlined by the company.
- Properly utilize PTS system and understand its features and functionality.
- Attend any available seminars and classes applicable to this position and the skills required to meet the job duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other various duties as assigned by Manager / Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced automated production environment.
- Must employ excellent communication/interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Leadership abilities are necessary, with the ability to make autonomous decisions based on multiple facts.
- Demonstrated team building and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with management to identify and address operations, customer service & underwriting issues.
- Solid planning and organizational skills including time management, prioritization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals through influence management.
- Excellent PC skills are required.
- Maintain any required professional licenses and associated continuing education.
- At least 2 years’ experience in attorney represented bodily injury claims and significant knowledge of complex coverage issues and statutory requirements.
- Undergraduate College Degree and/or professional designation preferred; Equivalent work experience will be considered.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with Assurance America is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the employee.