Business Development Manager I
Our team is seeking an energetic Business Development Manager 1 who will help drive our sales and grow the Assurant Lifestyle business. You will take the lead on smaller sized business development opportunities and support leaders with larger opportunities. Other duties will include market research, developing business strategies, managing a variety of projects and identifying new business opportunities. You will work with various Assurant departments and team members.
The successful applicant will be resourceful, organized and motivated, build on our companys reputation and look for new ways to market Assurant.
Assist Business Development Team
- Support needs of Business Development (BD) team with existing and future customer opportunities
- Coordinate meetings with client decision makers
- Coordinate/lead Internal Assurant meetings
- Support BD team to ensure that customer data is accurately entered and managed within the companys CRM or other sales management system.
Learn and understand Assurant
- Products and services
- Connected Living (CL) pricing request process
- Gain knowledge of the market and competitors, learn about Assurants unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Creations of entry level new business opportunities With current and new customers/prospects
- Troubleshoots problems or issues through to completion, on behalf of assigned prospects with guidance from BD Senior Manager, Director or VP
- Day to day, end to end management of new business opportunities
- Ensuring BD team is updated weekly on account status
- Organize, manage customer data while supporting BD account leads to develop contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities
- Support team to develop and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly account status updates and reporting
- Support BD team to create customer facing presentations, customer briefings as well as present during meetings for both existing and new customers as necessary
- Help BD team to maintain fruitful/profitable relationships with existing customers while looking to build individual relationships with our existing and new customers
- Researching the needs of target customers, key organization information and key decision makers (Mgr, Dir, VP, SVP, CXO)
- Vet all new leads that come in to Assurant to identify if they are strategic fit/meet our minimum volume, revenue, profitability targets
- Support BD team at conferences and industry events
- Contacting target customers for meetings
- Coordinating calendars
- Supporting Business Development team with needed internal coordination for customer meetings
- 2 years experience in Sales and Account Development
- Bachelors degree or 3 years working experience in Sales and Account Development
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and written.
- Proven presentation skills
- Works well under pressure.
- Possesses integrity and honesty
Preferred Experience, Knowledge or Skills:
- Ability to interact with clients, Assurant senior management, finance, actuarial, and Assurant product/workstream teams
- Basic project management skills
- Basic negotiation and persuasion skills
- Preferred basic knowledge
- Telecommunication industry
- Mobility, Supply Chain, Logistics
- Insurance programs such as, extended warranty and device protection, Premium Technical support, etc.
- Basic research and strategy skills
- Working knowledge of current business software, excel, word processing, presentations (Powerpoint), web browser and email programs
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and target focused but able to work in a team matrixed environment
- Demonstrates drive, passion and flexibility
- Excellent time management and organization capabilities