Claims Adjuster - Recovery Subrogation
Assurant is hiring an Inside Recovery Subrogation Adjuster.
We are a proven provider of specialty insurance products and services looking for an Inside Recovery Subrogation Adjuster who is ready to step into our fast paced energetic environment and drive results while providing exceptional customer service. We are looking for individuals interested in learning our business, growing their expertise, and becoming a future leader.
As an Inside Recovery Subrogation Claims Adjuster, will evaluate legal liability and aggressively pursue, negotiate, and resolve subrogation collection. This requires strong organizational abilities and empathetic interpersonal skills. You will also be responsible for on-going communication and for providing status updates to the insured and others associated with the claim activity.
Subrogation Claims Adjusters should be able to perform duties independently with a high level of accountability for timely and accurate results. Successful candidates will be computer literate and comfortable working in a paperless environment. They will enjoy working with customers, be effective at listening and communicating, and have confidence in resolving issues and negotiating fair settlements.
Assurant values a diverse workforce where employees are treated with respect, are encouraged to contribute, and have the opportunity for career growth. e offer company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment), discounted stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, and many additional benefits.
May require working overtime and/or weekend hours.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years of property claims adjusting experience
- Current adjusters license
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screen
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Associate/Bachelors degree
- Homeowners subrogation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence