Field Claims Adjuster II/III - Indianapolis, IN (WFH/remote)
An Adjusters license may be required for states in which the Field Claims Adjuster performs their job. If needed, Assurant will assist you in obtaining the license within a specified time frame and cover any related expenses.
Job Primary Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:Investigate, adjust, and settle claims up to a specified amount for multiple product lines.
- Meet with insured to inspect losses and explain coverage.
- Communicate with mortgage representatives, property managers, or other third-party administrators to obtain access and inspect vacant properties.
- Collect policy and claim data and information including interviewing persons associated with the case and obtaining recorded statements.
- Document damage/losses and prepare written cost estimates.
- Document claim transactions and prepare and forward internal reports as needed.
- Complete residential or mobile home claim settlement by reaching agreements with insured, claimants, and their representatives up to specified authority.
- Respond to catastrophes and other temporary assignments outside of territory as requested.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments and levels in the organization.
- Maintain industry knowledge and operational skills and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year face-to-face customer service experience
- Minimum of one year claims adjusting experience (property claims experience preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Associate/Bachelors degree
- Knowledge of construction basics
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Ability to mediate disagreements and resolve differences of opinion to achieve win-win outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Poised and professional demeanor
Candidate will need to reside in the Indianapolis, IN area.