Customer Care Associate I
As a Preneed Customer Associate, youll put your skills and talents along with our training to work; depending on the team, you may review, research, and process claim payments to funeral homes or beneficiaries after a loved one has passed, review and prescreen an application for a new life insurance policy, or assist an existing customer with their policy questions or billing. This is a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and customer-focused. In this role, you will also handle in bound phone calls from customers, agents or funeral homes.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Review, research, and analyze documentation to ensure all requirements are met.
- Provide positive experiences to our customers via in-bound phone calls (20-60 per day)
- Communicate through emails and correspondence with team members and funeral homes using clear, simple language to ensure understanding.
- Processes claims, cancellations, billing and other customers requests.
- Research claims for proof of passing.
- Sets up and issue new policies.
- Prepares correspondence using standard templates
- Research payments and billing requests
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- High School Graduate/ GED
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Computer skills
Skills & Qualifications:
- Detail Oriented.
- Analyzes documentation and make self-empowered decisions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Negotiating skills are important, particularly when two parties differ over the validity of a filing or the information needed to settle a claim.
Key Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Positive attitude
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Experience working in an office environment
- Basic Insurance Knowledge
- Bilingual in Spanish or French a plus.
Department & Supervisors:
A Preneed Customer Associate I is a part of the Preneed Customer Operations Team,; our average teams size is 15-20 team members. The Preneed Division of Assurant offers pre-funded funeral arrangements as well as life insurance policies to pay for final expenses. This department is responsible for anything from licensing our agents, issuing a new insurance policy, handling customer requests and terminating a policy at the end of its life cycle. Each team is led by a Supervisor who report to the Department Manager.
With locations across the country, Assurant is a Fortune 300 company, offering a full line of insurance products helping protect what matters most to our customers. Assurant takes pride in being actively involved in the community by assisting a number of local organizations. Our benefits
package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more. If you are dreaming of a great career with a great company where you can have an impact within the company and with our customers, we can offer you just that!
We recognize our most valuable asset is our employees. As we continue to grow we are looking for individuals that will help us provide the best customer experience and support a thriving business. We provide extensive training and a highly supportive environment for all our team members. This is your opportunity to make a difference and grow your career.