Account Manager - Commercial
Are you also looking to bring your insurance industry experience to an energetic independent agency that is in an exciting period of growth and opportunity? Then I’ve got a job you want to know about! I am in need of additional staff to provide expert-level service to accounts in our niche of agriculture and food industry clients.
Who is the ideal candidate for this position?
- Current property & casualty licenses and at least 3-5 years’ experience serving mid- to large-size commercial accounts.
- Experience working with agribusiness or food industry clientele is a huge plus! You will be passionate about supporting North Carolina’s agriculture, food producers, and business owners. You will be a confident, good-natured, dependable, and trustworthy professional who is able to independently manage the needs of diverse clients.
- You will have a track record of providing both proactive and reactive service in order to retain and grow accounts.
If I’m hired, what will I be responsible for?
- You will be responsible for the typical day-to-day servicing of farm and food industry accounts, including overseeing and processing renewals, taking claims, and accurately handling policy endorsements.
- Beyond that, you will work in conjunction with agency management and producers to provide comprehensive account reviews.
- You will be expected to provide insight and suggestions for how client accounts should be revised as their needs change over time.
- You will be expected to mentor and guide less experienced team members by sharing your expertise in understanding and applying commercial coverage forms.
- You will be an active participant in staff meetings and workshops, and be internally motivated to be ever learning and developing yourself as a professional.
- You will be thorough in your work and provide clear and complete documentation for every client account you handle, in accordance with agency procedures.
- You will report to our VP of Operations, Jessica Yarbrough.
What will I be paid?
You will be paid a base salary and provided with commission and bonus opportunities. Depending on your experience level and the effort you put forth, you can expect to earn between $50,000 - $75,000 (or more!) per year. We also provide flexible PTO arrangements and 10 paid holidays per year. Our benefits package includes a simple IRA with 3% company match, life insurance, and health insurance. Many other voluntary benefits, including a heavily-discounted corporate YMCA membership, are available.
Will travel be required?
This position is located in our office just off I-40 in beautiful Mocksville, NC. Mocksville is a vibrant community, full of friendly, small-town charm, while offering a growing number of perks you usually find in larger cities. Our town’s parks & rec department are soon to be opening a splash pad and dog park, and a children’s museum is set to open in Spring of 2020. The Davie County school system is one of the best in the state. Davie County is a fabulous place to call home and raise a family. Thanks to convenient access to I-40 and highways 64 and 601, we are just 30 minutes from Winston-Salem, Statesville, Lexington, and Salisbury.
Your typical work schedule will have you in the office from 8:15-5:00, Monday through Friday, with an hour every day for lunch. That’s a work week of less than 40 hours! Travel is not a significant part of this position, but some day trips to visit clients will be scheduled throughout the year. An occasional overnight trip for either field visits or educational purposes is possible, but will not be frequent—just often enough to be fun!