Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) serves Allstate and its partners by providing objective, independent assurance to the organization. Your mission is to help the organization meet its strategic, financial, operation and compliance objectives. Our audit teams apply their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help mitigate risk by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes.Job Summary
Auditors will start in a dynamic developmental program consisting of job assignments supporting the various Internal Audit teams (Property/Casualty, Life, Investments, Finance, IT, and SOX) and an opportunity to work with our external auditors. Senior Staff Auditors will help lead non-complex and regulatory audits with moderate leadership oversight.Key Responsibilities
The individual may be responsible for or involved with:
- Audit planning and execution, including risk assessment, process analysis, and control evaluation.
- Coordinating the work of other project members on leadership assignments.
- Partnering with Management in support of key initiatives and projects.
- Leading non-complex audit engagements.
**Travel requirements are minimal (15%).
*This position will be located in Northbrook, IL.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team environment.
- Able to set project timeframes for self and team members to meet project objectives with minimal oversight.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Basic understanding of audit theory and application.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort in dealing with the unknown.
- Positive relationship building skills.
- Basic critical thinking and analytical skills around business issues.
- Proficiency in business-related computing applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications).
- 2+ years of experience within any of the following areas: Accounting, Banking, Financial Services, Finance, Insurance, or Internal Audit a plus.
- Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS) or Information Technology a plus.
- College degree required - major preference of Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology.
- CPA, CISA or CIA certification a plus.
**We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Allstate will not sponsor individuals for employment based visa's for this position
Internal Audit department expectation: New hires can expect to spend their first twenty-four months in a specialized development program where you will be mentored and trained on the various organizations within Allstate, our auditing methodologies, as well as gaining the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities needed to help you have a successful career in the Allstate Internal Audit department.The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.