Internal Auditor- SOX
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Internal Audit SOX team members help provide oversight of the companys SOX program by recommending standards and best practices for control activities and finding management, risk assessment analysis and monitoring of SOX processes.
This role will be primarily supporting the SOX team in addition to assisting Allstates external auditors throughout all phases of the audit, with a focus on control testing. SOX project assignments will provide the opportunity to collaborate with and learn about the various business areas across the enterprise.
- Manage assigned tasks to achieve department deliverables within established timetables while producing high quality work.
- Collaborate and network with various levels of personnel across all business units.
- Conduct preliminary analysis and risk assessment of assigned operational units or functional areas.
- Draft high quality workpapers and ensures support and conclusions are well documented in accordance with department standards.
- Interact with unit management and personnel throughout the assignment to compile necessary information and discuss audit findings and recommendations.
- Follow-up on control deficiencies/findings, review and validate remediation plans.
- Assist with the development of various SOX presentations and trainings.
The skills required are:
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown.
- Curiosity to learn more about Allstates business operations.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Intermediate Project Management skills - Able to set project timeframes (for self) to meet project objectives with minimal oversight.
- Basic knowledge of auditing concepts, business knowledge/experience a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic critical thinking and problem-solving skills around business processes, controls, and deficiencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- 2+ years of SOX, audit, or related experience
Bachelors degree required - major preference of Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology
Allstate will not sponsor individuals for employment based visas for this position.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.