Claims Operations Data Analyst
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Claim Administration Analyst role will support the HIIG Claim Division’s non-technical activities. The role looks for a candidate who has some experience with property casualty claims and/or insurance business processes, a working knowledge of operational support activities, is highly organized and effective at managing multiple priorities.
- Serves as primary liaison for non-Claims HIIG functions requiring information relating to claims and claim activity.
- Develop and distribute regular management reports and any requests for special, ad hoc reporting or claim data
- Visualize data in creative ways to enhance understanding and accelerate decision making
- Help to develop processes for data extraction, storage and reporting processes across the claim division
- Create and implement dashboards with key performance indicators and forecasting models
- Monitors new and existing process designs to measure operational effectiveness
- Supports and undertakes special projects for the Claim Division as may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Science
- Advanced course-work in, and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, or related similar degree highly desired
- Some experience working in commercial property/casualty claims and/or insurance space
- Experience working with the operational aspects of claim and/or insurance functions, business process, management reporting, support systems, interacting with internal stakeholders and external service providers
- Must be fluent in Word, Excel, Access and Tableau. SQL is a plus but not required.
- Highly organized and efficient ; Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills; ability to work across teams and functional groups.
- Must be located in either Houston, Texas or Scottsdale, Arizona
- Results oriented. A strong focus on execution and getting things done right.
- A self-starter with a high level of professional maturity and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and other functional areas
- Comfortable and effective working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Thrives on and is not afraid of challenges
- Flexible, able to adapt; responds well to a changing environment
- Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within the scope of responsibility
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidates who cannot perform some or all of these duties because of disabilities will nevertheless receive full consideration for the job based on their ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description does not necessarily list all the duties of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.