Assist and support the claims staff in the set-up and administration of workers compensation claims/case management and other tasks depending on the specific needs of the customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Sets up new claims
- Process mail, handle files (until paperless), and input notes/diary entries in the claims system
- Process payments, as needed
- Process form letters, state forms and reports
- Assist claims examiners with telephone calls including provider, claimant and customer calls
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
EDUCATION: High school diploma, college degree preferred
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.