AmTrust Financial Services
Professional Liability E&O Underwriter
AmTrust is looking for Lawyers Professional Liability Underwriting candidates with a strong background, leadership potential and a track record of underwriting execution. This position will be evaluating individual risk quality and establishing the pricing strategy for program business within the authority delegated.Responsibilities
- Evaluate professional liability insurance risks presented to determine eligibility, profitability and desirability, to determine acceptance or rejection and established pricing of risks.
- Candidates must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as having experience with meeting deadlines.
- Gather and analyze relevant information to establish the risk profile and ensure that each risk is appropriately classified and priced.
- Communicates in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive work environment.
- Underwrite renewal business according to current underwriting approach and philosophy in a service oriented environment, ensuring high renewal retention.
- Analyze new business for risk profitability as determined by a review of underwriting, claims and financial data.
- Protects the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position.
- Accountable for all facets of new business and renewal handling with a strong emphasis on new business production underwriting in the area of Professional Liability.
- Actively participate in client meetings as required
- Meet regularly with assigned Professional Liability brokers; Identify and establish new relationships with PL brokers
- Bachelor's Degree -
- 5 plus years of underwriting Professional Liability
- Knowledge in A&E (Architects & Engineers), LPL (Lawyers), APL (Accountants)
- Must have solid technical product knowledge and good wholesale broker relationships
- Responsible for both new and renewal business
- Candidate will have new business budge target of $1.5m on annual basis
- Detail oriented; Attention to quality/accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflows efficiently
- Professional demeanor in verbal and written communications internally and externally
- Excellent reputation and proven accomplishments in Professional Liability industry.
- Experience with Lawyers professional liability underwriting is desired.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.