Global, specialty insurance company is seeking a Senior Underwriter for their Inland Marine business to work with a select group of wholesale and retail brokers to tailor solutions and meet the needs of the clients.
- Responsible for the underwriting of the Inland Marine business within assigned territory and agency base.
- Evaluates all individual risk characteristics to properly determine capacity, attachment point, terms and pricing to build and underwrite a diverse and profitable book of business.
- Maintains and enhances existing broker relationships and identify and develop new relationships both regionally and outside the territory.
- Develops and executes a marketing plan aimed at retaining existing business and producing new business.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends with regard to pricing, new lines of business, etc.
- Adapts underwriting techniques to underwriting guidelines and rating plans to write a wide range of account size and operations.
- Recommends amendments and enhancements, including coverage, policy forms, premium rate plans and underwriting guidelines, loss control guidelines, and distribution.
- Maintain files in an orderly manner consistent with company guidelines.
- Ability to work with others within a team and contribute to the development of others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of Inland Marine/Property underwriting experience
- Established relationships with local retail brokers with ability to move business a plus
- Experience successfully underwriting, quoting, and binding profitable business
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills