Underwriter - Commercial Lines
Commercial Lines Underwriter
CIRMA, the Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA), is the leading municipal insurer in Connecticut. CIRMA has grown in financial strength and membership over the past several years. Due to this growth, we have an exciting opportunity in our Underwriting Department.
What do you want for your career?
- An organization where integrity and excellence are valued?
- A place where you can contribute to Connecticut's communities?
- A place of open communication, diversity, and teamwork?
- An organization that is financially strong and committed to the future?
- An organization that recognizes and rewards your contributions?
Our employees' commitment to excellence drives CIRMA's success. We, in turn, are committed to theirs.
As a member of CIRMA’s Underwriting Team you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills using updated technology and strong support to assist in the day-to-day work. The primary responsibilities for this position are related to CIRMA Workers’ Compensation and Liability-Auto-Property (LAP) pools including:
Creating a territory-wide strategy and executing on the plan.
Developing strong relationships with our members and their agents.
Identifying critical exposures and trends that require creativity in developing strategies to address.
- Demonstrating strong coverage and service knowledge.
- Understanding the reinsurance structure.
- Initiating new product ideas.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 to 5 years of commercial lines underwriting experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Superior skills in relationship building, exposure analysis, and negotiating
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of public sector is a plus
- CPCU and/or ARM a plus
- CIRMA’s new modern offices are located on the water in New Haven. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following:
- 401A without employee contributions
- Medical coverage (free options available)
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance